[Tilecache] tilecache.cfg readonly=yes

Andrew Hughes azza at lisasoft.com
Tue Apr 17 22:26:45 EDT 2007

Hey All...

I've tried for several days to fix this and make a positive contribution
but my py sucks!

When I add the "readonly=yes" setting to my UnprojectedReadOnly
WMSLayer, TileCache v1.7 completely fails its initialization.
Consequently, all layers break and not just the readonly=yes Layer.

I know it fails somewhere inside Service._load (cls, *files) when
dealing with layers
        layers = {}
        for section in config.sections():
            if section in cls.__slots__: continue
            layers[section] = cls.loadFromSection(
                                    config, section, Layer, cache = cache)

More information below if you want.....

My environment (Apache):
Alias /tilecache/ "/var/www/tilecache/"
<Directory /var/www/tilecache/>
      Options FollowSymLinks
     AddHandler python-program .py
     PythonHandler TileCache.Service
     PythonOption TileCacheConfig /var/www/tilecache/tilecache_readonly.cfg
</Directory>

My tilecache.cfg
[cache]
type=DiskCache
base=/data/tilecache

[UnprojectedStreet]
type=WMSLayer
url=http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=./mapfiles/terra0702.map
srs=EPSG:4283
layers=GreyBack,Cadlite,ParksArea,NatParksArea,WaterPolygons,railwaycase,railall,railsleepers,case2,roads2,case,roads,freeways,roadlabels,suburbs,aus_cities
extension=jpg
metaTile=yes

[UnprojectedReadOnly]
type=WMSLayer