[Tilecache] tilecache in iis 5 and iis 6, and successfull seeding on windows IIS

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Apr 24 16:46:28 EDT 2007

Hi List,

I've been able to install a running tilecache (1.7 from svn) on a
development machine running XP (aka iis 5). But after deploying it to a
WindowsServer2003 (aka iis6) tilecache wasn't running anymore, but
returning "wrong header errors"
After some fiddling it appeared that my debug disabling in Layer.py was
wrong and thereby Service.py was trying to write some extra info to std-err:

else:
   if layer.debug:
     sys.stderr.write(
                 "Cache hit: %s, Tile: x: %s, y: %s, z: %s, time: %s,
debug: %s\n" % (
                     tile.bbox(), tile.x, tile.y, tile.z, (time.time() -
start), layer.debug) )

Apparently that was not a problem for iis5, but iis6 has problems with that?

Another rather stupid error I've made when failing to seed the IIS
/windows box was trying to use the mapserver-url in the argumentlist of
tilecache_seed.py instead of the tilecache.cgi/py script :-0
(in the logs you see that the mapserver is being called, but there are
no images saved/written....)

Seeding is working now!

Hope this is helpfull for somebody

Richard Duivenvoorde