[Tilecache] Tilecache and MapServer

John Westwood John.Westwood at port.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 11:21:02 EDT 2007

Hi Tim,

I tried that but the browser asks me about opening tilecache.cgi .
Obviously I need to execute it, but not sure how.

John W.

================================
John Westwood
Research Assistant
Great Britain Historical GIS Project
Department of Geography, University of Portsmouth
Buckingham Building, Lion Terrace, Portsmouth PO1 3HE

GIS Project Office: (023) 9284 2500

>>> Tim Langlois <tlanglois at archetypecorp.com> 27/04/2007 21:22 >>>
I've had similar problems.  I successfully implemented Openlayers +
TileCache + MapServer on a RHEL4 box.   However, I tried the same
installation on a newer Fedora Core 5 box and ran into difficulties.
The same as you, I verified that MapServer and Openlayers work
correctly, but when I try to put TileCache into the mix, I get the
pink
tiles.  I am beginning to think the version of python may be the
culprit. (FC5 comes with a much newer version).

Openlayers may disguise any Python errors you are seeing, but if you
take the actual image url from the pink tile and run it in a separate
browser, you may see some python errors which may point you to a
solution.  This is the only advice I can offer right now.

Tim L