[Tilecache] Tilecache and MapServer

John Westwood John.Westwood at port.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 12:08:52 EDT 2007

Hi Tim,

Looking at tilecache.cgi with a text editor reveals the following
error:

msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid SRS given : SRS must
be valid for all requested layers.

Which seems to indicate that there is a problem with the projection. In
the index html file I have set projection: "none" for each of the
MapServer layers. This worked fine when just using OpenLayers without
TileCache. If I specified "epsg:4326" when just using OpenLayers then I
would receive a similar error, but not if I specified "none".

Maybe I should try specifying "epsg:4326" in index.html

Regards,

John W.

================================
John Westwood
Research Assistant
Great Britain Historical GIS Project
Department of Geography, University of Portsmouth
Buckingham Building, Lion Terrace, Portsmouth PO1 3HE

GIS Project Office: (023) 9284 2500

>>> Tim Langlois <tlanglois at archetypecorp.com> 04/30/07 4:27 pm >>>
Hmmm, try opening it with a text editor and see what it shows.  When
it
works correctly it returns an image; otherwise it should return some
text error message.

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 16:21 +0100, John Westwood wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> I tried that but the browser asks me about opening tilecache.cgi .
> Obviously I need to execute it, but not sure how.
>
> John W.
>

> ================================
> John Westwood
> Research Assistant
> Great Britain Historical GIS Project
> Department of Geography, University of Portsmouth
> Buckingham Building, Lion Terrace, Portsmouth PO1 3HE
>
> GIS Project Office: (023) 9284 2500

> I've had similar problems.  I successfully implemented Openlayers +
> TileCache + MapServer on a RHEL4 box.   However, I tried the same
> installation on a newer Fedora Core 5 box and ran into difficulties.
> The same as you, I verified that MapServer and Openlayers work
> correctly, but when I try to put TileCache into the mix, I get the
> pink
> tiles.  I am beginning to think the version of python may be the
> culprit. (FC5 comes with a much newer version).
>
> Openlayers may disguise any Python errors you are seeing, but if you
> take the actual image url from the pink tile and run it in a
separate
> browser, you may see some python errors which may point you to a
> solution.  This is the only advice I can offer right now.
>
> Tim L

The information transmitted is the property of Archetype, Inc. and is
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Statements and opinions
expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company.  Any
review, retransmission, dissemination and other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in
error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material
from any computer. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, received late or incomplete, or could contain viruses.
The sender therefore does not accept liability for any error or omission
in the contents of this message, which arises as a result of e-mail
transmission.