[Tilecache] Re solved: missing tilecache.py? (definitley missing something; -)

Paul McCullough Paul.McCullough at sfgov.org
Thu Dec 13 19:42:53 EST 2007

I am not sure if this follows best practices.
I will learn about that from you all I hope.
In any case this works.

1) I put the tilecache code under the htdocs dir.
<Directory "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache-1.9">
	AddHandler python-program .py
	PythonHandler TileCache/Service
	PythonOption TileCacheConfig "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache-1.9\tilecache.cfg"
	PythonDebug On
</Directory>

2) made sure other path info lined up such as the openlayers calls:
layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "foo", "tilecache-1.9/tilecache.py?",
{layers: 'sfgis_basemap', format: 'image/png' } );

and it works.

Is this the right way?
Any apache experts listening?

In any case, thanks to Linda Rawson and the peripatetic Chrstopher Schmidt
for answering tedious and often thankless configuration questions!

Paul