[Tilecache] SLD Performance

bradleyspencer brad at cubewerx.com.au
Mon Feb 12 18:24:58 EST 2007

I have built a demo that uses SLDs to render WMS layers atop of GoogleMaps
in an OL app.

See http://www.cubewerx.com.au/DemoDrapesOL.html
<http://www.cubewerx.com.au/DemoDrapesOL.html>

This is as good as I can get it with buffer: 1 and 512 x 512 tile sizes.

However, I would like to improve performance for the initial fetching of the
remote tiles if possible. I understand that this could quite possibly be
server-side issues associated with rendering on the fly and maybe this is as
good as I can expect. But I wondered what could be done at the TileCache
population level within OL?

Does anyone know of any way to improve the fetch times?
Is OL serialising the WMS tile requests?
If so is it possible to configure OL to launch off all the WMS tile requests
in parallel to overlap the seeks times?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Brad Spencer