[Tilecache] getting tilecache 1.4 working...

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Feb 22 11:10:40 EST 2007

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 10:55:47AM -0500, Adrian Zhao wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I am trying to set up TileCache on IIS at first time and it appears to
> be partially working since I can send

It seems likely that IIS doesn't support CGI path_info correctly. The
two examples that work for you are both using URL parameters (which
don't use cgi.path_info), but the TMS request does not.

I don't know anything about IIS.

Perhaps changing this:

        if "PATH_INFO" in os.environ:
            path_info = os.environ["PATH_INFO"]

to this:

        if "PATH_INFO" in os.environ:
            path_info = os.environ.get('PATH_INFO', '').replace(\
                        os.environ.get('SCRIPT_NAME', ''), \
                         '').lstrip('/').split('/')

will help this, baesd on information from
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracOnWindowsIis6 , but I don't have a
Windows/IIS server to test on.

Alternatively, you could just run the standalone server. It's probably
going to be faster (no need to reload tile config or startup python on
every request), and involve less mucking about.