[Tilecache] That old tile index problem again

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jul 20 08:02:11 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 12:05:40PM +0100, Joanne Cook wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm sorry to have to ask this question, as you must all be sick of it, but I am having the "couldn't calculate tile index" problem. Until I decided I needed to use tilecache to speed things up, I didn't put anything about extents or resolutions in my openlayers map, and everything worked fine, but of course now I need to include these things and it's showing up my ignorance somewhat!

> This is the address of the openlayers map that doesn't work at all:
> http://mapdata.thehumanjourney.net/index_tc.html

You can not, with the current version of TC or OL code, lay TileCache data on
top of VirtualEarth data.

http://dev.tilecache.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
"Using TileCache with Google Maps BaseLayers in OpenLayers?

It is not currently possible to use Google Maps as a base layer and use
TileCache for Overlays in OpenLayers. This functionality is being
considered for a future release. "

(Google and VE are essentially the same as far as OL is concerned.)