[Tilecache] Help needed to install on IIS 5.1

rohith rohith.kota at uai.com
Thu Jul 26 17:45:31 EDT 2007

I did register the python as extension .cgi with path name
c:/python25/python.exe -u ?20?By doing so i could get rid of the error that
IIS was throwing "20was not valid win32 application".But when i try to get
the index.html i get this error.An error occurred: Zero length data returned
from layer.  File "C:\ms4w\tilecache-1.8.1\TileCache\Service.py", line 479,
in cgiHandler  File "C:\ms4w\tilecache-1.8.1\TileCache\Service.py", line
405, in dispatchRequest  File
"C:\ms4w\tilecache-1.8.1\TileCache\Service.py", line 369, in renderTileBut i
did try other options that was posted  on other sites.on python shellimport
urllibdata =
urllib.urlopen("http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?request=GetCapabilities")print
len(data.read())I did get 4040.But i dont know what it means i guess it
could be the byte count that it read from the server.Any help is really
appreciated.It so weired that i did the same test on my home computer.Damn
it worked all fine.thanksrohith