[Tilecache] tilecache problem with animated zooming

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Mon Mar 12 08:19:09 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I have a strangely problem with wms tilecaching and animated zooming:
In this OL demo [1] you can choose a wms baselayer with or without tilecache.
If I zoom in or out _without_ tilecache it is everything ok. But if you use
tilecache the map blurred very hard during zooming.

The settings for both wms servers are the same; they work with Mapserver +
PostGIS.
For tilecache I use tilecache 1.4 + mod_python.

I don't understand the visual differences...
The animated zooming demo [2] with wms server of metacarta (+tilecache) works
fine.

Do you have any ideas for this phenomenon?

Regards,
Emanuel

[1] http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/emanuel/animatedZooming/demo_frida.html
[2] http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/emanuel/animatedZooming/demo.html