[Tilecache] Ok, past resolution issues (I think) but now a new weird error...

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Nov 5 13:10:12 EST 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 10:49:16AM -0600, Steve Lime wrote:
> Ok folks, getting closer I hope. I just switched from using a WMS layer to a TileCache layer in hopes
> of getting around not having any of my MapServer layers configured for WMS.

Er, this shouldn't matter. You're pointing OpenLayers at TileCache
directly, not MapServer -- TileCache is interpreting the WMS requests,
not MapServer.

The TileCache layer in OpenLayers won't help you here, so you're
probably better off going back to WMS, which is better tested.

Now, the problem is that your MapServer .map file is not configured for
WMS requests. This is a problem. You will need to change this. TileCache
can't talk to your map in any way until you do. (If you'd like to change
this, you should rewrite the MapServerLayer.renderTile function.)