[Tilecache] Ok, past resolution issues (I think) but now a new weird error...

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Tue Nov 6 12:37:11 EST 2007

Hey Steve-

Steve Lime wrote:
> Ah, I see that makes sense now - so after you've run the behind-the-scenes cache generation
> and have a fully populated cache. Would be a simple thing to make note of in the TileCache
> class documentation for uneducated folks such as myself...

Please see:
http://dev.openlayers.org/docs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/TileCache-js.html

The old docs read "A read only TileCache layer.  Used to requests tiles
cached by TileCache in a web accessible cache."

I've just added a bit more detail - so in an hour or so, they will read
"Used to requests tiles cached by TileCache in a web accessible cache.
This means that you have to pre-populate your cache before this layer
can be used.  It is meant only to read tiles created by TileCache, and
not to make calls to TileCache for layer creation."

Maybe still a bit too subtle, but that's my specialty :)

Tim