[Tilecache] Tilecache/Geoserver UTM bbox reprojection problem

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Nov 12 15:27:05 EST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 05:27:10PM +0100, David E. Reksten wrote:
> On 12/11/2007, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 04:31:50PM +0100, David E. Reksten wrote:
> > > If I replace the faulty bbox in the above url with the "proper" bbox,
> > > everything works perfectly.
> > >
> > > After spending many hours on this, I can't understand why the bbox in
> > > the URL doesn't match tileconfig.cfg or the Openlayer definition. Is
> > > there any reprojection involved here, that I'm not aware of? Is there
> > > a setting that I have missed?
> >
> > You're using an Untiled WMS layer with TileCache. You can't do that.
> > Drop the '.Untiled', and you should be in okay shape.
>
> Thanks, that makes sense. However, still doesn't work, so I suspect
> something else is (also) the problem. My setup now:

Try rounding all your numbers (TileCache and OpenLayers) to int. Also,
try setting the maxExtnet/maxResolution on the Map() object instead of
the Layer object, and see if that helps. I'm not seeing anything else
obvious, but the rounding errors can sometimes occur when using numbers
with lots of decimals.

> What is really strange is that the tileorigin and the first coordinate
> pair of the bbox is (234794,6402796), but it is changed or reprojected
> to (1043602,7211604) by Openlayer before being sent off to Tilecache.

I'm not sure I understand what your'e saying here. Is there any chance
you could make a demo of this online somehow?