[Tilecache] agg support

Simon Cantem simon at citysafe.org
Wed Oct 31 02:03:01 EDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Schmidt [mailto:crschmidt at metacarta.com]

> They should return the same result, but that doesn't neccesarily mean
> that it's not producing agg. TileCache ignores the format parameter
(all
> parameters besides Request, Service, BBOX and layers, actually).

> Watch your Apache logs when your run TileCache with a cleared cache.
> Open the /cgi-bin/mapserv URL that TC is hitting. View it in a
browser,
> and tweak the URL until it looks how you want, then tweak  your
> TIlecache config to match.

> Since TC sends a 'format=image/'+self.extension, it's possible that
this
> is overriding your earlier ?format=. I would advise configuring your
> AGG/PNG24 IMAGEFORMAT to be the only image format with a mimetype of
> "image/png" as a possible solution. (I think that's what I did.)

Yep you're right, there was a second parameter being passed specifying
image/png, when I copy this URL and remove the offending parameter it
works fine. I'm not too sure how to make the AGG/PNG24 imageformat the
only one with a PNG mimetype, I've tried setting the name of the AGG
output format to image/png but that didn't help. I've tried looking
through the mapserver reference forcing the output of a particular
format, but can't find anything on that either. Any pointers on where I
can look for more info?

Thanks,
Simon