[Tilecache] Help with installing tilecache on IIS

Linda_Rawson linda.rawson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 16:11:17 EDT 2007

I cannot get this running can someone help me.

1.  Made the following changes to tilecache.cgi

    #!C:/Python25/python.exe -u

svc =
Service.load("C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\demo\\tilecache-1.8.1\\tilecache.cfg")

2.  Did the following:

* Install Python for Windows
* Follow "Using Python Scripts with IIS" to setup Python CGI for IIS.
  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/276494
* Edit metabase.xml to get correct Security Permissions for IIS 6.0.

http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/04/20/IIS6-CGI-Web-Service-Extension.aspx

I got the following script to run:

print
print 'Status: 200 OK'
print 'Content-type: text/html'
print

print '<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Python Sample CGI</TITLE></HEAD>'
print '<BODY>'
print '<H1>This is a header</H1>'

print '<p>' #this is a comment
print 'See this is just like most other HTML'
print '<br>'
print '</BODY>'

3.  Created the following directory and gave it all permissions available.

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\demo\tmp

Changed tilecache.cfg to include the following:

base="C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\demo\\tmp"

I am still getting pink tiles on index.html and the following

http://localhost/demo/tilecache-1.8.1/tilecache.cgi/1.0.0/basic/0/0/0.png

returns "The website cannot display the page"

What am I doing wrong?  I have a hunch the slashes are backwards somewhere
but I have tried changing them exactly like the README.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

demo returns: