[Tilecache] Help with installing tilecache on IIS

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Sep 8 18:05:26 EDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 04:01:03PM -0600, Linda Rawson wrote:
> I don't have firefox.  My customer wants only IE but I could download it I
> guess.

Yeah, Firefox would only be useful for debugging -- once you get it
working it won't matter at all.

> Someone else suggested that I change it to tilecache.py and then try and run
> it.
>
> I got a little farther.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\demo\tilecache-1.8.1\tilecache.py", line 4, in
> <module>
>     svc = Service.load("C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\demo\tilecache-
> 1.8.1\tilecache.cfg")
>   File "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\demo\tilecache-1.8.1\TileCache\Service.py", line
> 346, in _load
>     cache = cls.loadFromSection(config, "cache", Cache)
>   File "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\demo\tilecache-1.8.1\TileCache\Service.py", line
> 326, in _loadFromSection
>     type  = config.get(section, "type")
>   File "C:\Python25\lib\ConfigParser.py", line 511, in get
>     raise NoSectionError(section)
> NoSectionError: No section: 'cache'
>
> Do these errors look familiar to you?  I have a 'cache' section but it
> cannot find it.

Weird. Can you send a copy of your tilecache.cfg to the list? (Leaving
just the basic layer in is fine -- the important part is to see if it
somehow got mangled.) It's possible that line endings could be a factor
here: I haven't ever used Python on Windows, so I'm not sure.