[Tilecache] good strategies for dealing with times and elevations

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Apr 4 14:01:14 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 07:10:40PM +0200, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> I might be missing something, but it looks as if TileCache completely
> ignores things like times, elevations, etc.  I guess we can hack our
> way around that by including those in the layer name, but maybe
> someone on this list has a better idea?

One of the things on my mental todo list has been to add a specific list
of parameters to the config file, and then use these as a string as part
of the cache key.

This would mean:
 * Adding Layer config for 'extra params'
 * Parsing extra parameters from the HTTP Request based on layer
 * Passing extra params (key/value pairs) to backend
 * Using extra params as part of the cache key.

Anytime I've actually got down to doing this, I've decided that it was
easier to just embed this information into the layername, but if someone
were to actually go thorugh and write a complete patch, I'd accept it.