[Tilecache] Tile naming

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Aug 13 16:46:45 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 05:37:20PM +0200, Roeland Douma wrote:
> However when converting lat to -lat the problem seems to be solved.
>
> I think it is a small bug in tilecache since the request goes like this
>
> tilecache.cgi/1.0.0/osm/10/525/336.png
>
> zoom: 10
> lat: 52.482780222078212,
> lon: 4.5703125

This is incorrect, but supported. (I'm assuming you have tms_type=google
in your config.) OSM uses a '0,0' of the top left corner of the world,
TMS (and TileCache) Use a 0,0 of the lower left. By setting
tms_type=google, you're saying "When I request a TMS tile, use the OSM
style naming convention" -- TileCache, internally, still matches TMS,
not Google/OSM.