[Tilecache] Quick panning with overlays

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Tue Dec 2 08:24:19 EST 2008

> And for OpenLayers specifically:
>
>   http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/multiserver.html
>
> This only has a base layer -- I would recommend using one set of
> hostnames for base layers, and one for overlays (2 and 2 would make four
> total).

Thanx Chris.  Looking at my .cfg file, I see

[Ikonos]
type=WMS
layers=Ikonos
srs=EPSG:900913
bbox=-19000000,-8000000,19000000,19000000
url=http://123.123.123.123/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=../../www/WEB-INF/classes/module/maps/OpenLayers-2.6/maps/brasil.map

Does the url with hardcoded IP have any unwanted effect ?  That is,
given I have a bunch of hostnames in my html file as in the example you
point to, does the harcoded IP address in the url parameter in my cfg
file defeat the very purpose of having multiple hosts ?  My guess is
that it doesn't.

Cheers,

Yves