[Tilecache] Tilecache request problem

cmose cjmose at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 09:44:00 EST 2008

whoops, my apologies for the presumption. I have a different max resolution
defined for my tilecache config - I also only specify a maxResolution
property and then set the numZoomLevels (I believe that's what it's called),
e.g., I don't specify both a maxResolution and a resolutions array.

I'll have to dig into my memory to see if I can recall what caused me to
encounter similar problems when I was setting up tilecache...

The example request i'm trying has nothing to do with open layers. I set it
up following the read me file of tilecache stating the following:

RUNNING UNDER CGI

    *

      Extract the code to some web directory (e.g. in /var/www).
    *

      Edit tilecache.cfg to point the DiskCache to the location you wish to
cache tiles, and the layers to point to the map file or WMS server you wish
to cache. On Debian, this file is in /etc/tilecache.cfg by default.
    *

      Permit CGI execution in the TileCache directory. For example, if
TileCache is to be run with Apache, the following must be added in your
Apache configuration, where /var/www/tilecache is the directory resulting
from the code extraction. On Debian, this is typically /usr/lib/cgi-bin.

      <Directory /var/www/tilecache>
           AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
           Options +ExecCGI
      </Directory>

    *

      Visit:

      http://example.com/yourdir/tilecache.cgi?LAYERS=basic&SERVICE=WMS
&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&SRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=-180,-90,0,90
&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256
    *

      Or visit:

      http://example.com/yourdir/tilecache.cgi/1.0.0/basic/0/0/0.png
    *

      If you see a tile you have set up your configuration correctly.
Congrats!

So my request has at this time, nothing to do with openlayers and overview
map, although I intend to use tilecache for my openlayers app.