[Tilecache] Tilecache error

R. Ortner reinhard.ortner at edu.fh-kaernten.ac.at
Tue Jan 15 06:27:49 EST 2008

Hi,

I still trying to run tilecache on my slackware linux.

I´ve installed python (testet with a hello world, it´s running correct),
I´ve made the following apache httpd.conf entry:

# MetaCarta's TileCache
ScriptAlias /tilecache/ "/var/www/tilecache/"
<Directory "/var/www/tilecache/">
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .py
    Options +ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

and installed tilecache from within the /var/www/tilecache dir. (still
standard configuration with the exception of a changed temp directory!)

When I try to test the tilecache installation with:
http://172.21.18.45/tilecache/tilecache.cgi?LAYERS=basic&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&SRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=-180,-90,0,90&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256

the following message appear after a oviously browser timeoute:

> An error occurred: <urlopen error (110, 'Connection timed out')>
>   File "/var/www/tilecache/TileCache/Service.py", line 264, in cgiHandler
>     format, image = service.dispatchRequest( params, path_info,
> req_method, host )
>   File "/var/www/tilecache/TileCache/Service.py", line 182, in
> dispatchRequest
>     return self.renderTile(tile, params.has_key('FORCE'))
>   File "/var/www/tilecache/TileCache/Service.py", line 119, in renderTile
>     data = layer.render(tile)
>   File "/var/www/tilecache/TileCache/Layer.py", line 258, in render
>     return self.renderTile(tile)
>   File "/var/www/tilecache/TileCache/Layers/WMS.py", line 20, in
> renderTile
>     tile.data, response = wms.fetch()
>   File "/var/www/tilecache/TileCache/Client.py", line 46, in fetch
>     response = self.client.open(urlrequest)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 374, in open
>     response = self._open(req, data)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 392, in _open
>     '_open', req)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 353, in _call_chain
>     result = func(*args)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 1100, in http_open
>     return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 1075, in do_open
>     raise URLError(err)

the apache error_log:
no error!

When I try to load the index.html in the tilecache directory: after 10
minutes I have 8 Pink Tiles but nothing more!

hope someone have some advice! Thougth the installation of tilecache is easy
but now I try to fix that for days!
thx