[Tilecache] Tilecache Authentication

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Thu Jan 17 05:15:06 EST 2008

On Thursday 17 January 2008 10:48:03 you wrote:
> > Not to mention that if you are using several URL-s for simultaneously
> > fetching tiles, it will likely make you authenticate for EACH of them - a
>
> Humm, if the tiles are coming from the same server - which is lik> ely -
> I don't think the browser will prompt you for each tile. Once the

That's exactly what I was referring to by saying multiple URL-s - the
first.server.com, second.server.com approach (what would be the point of
using multiple url-s from a _single_ domain ?). It's _designed_ to fool the
browser into treating these as separate servers - it's just that the
HTTP_AUTH approach backfires on this, badly (personally, I'd rather forego
HTTP_AUTH than multi-server loading).