[Tilecache] whether to use tilecache to serve tiles

Graham Carlyle graham.carlyle at maplecroft.com
Mon Jan 28 07:16:01 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 06:48 -0500, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> Sure, but doesn't that mean you would want to change the *s3* cache, not
> the Disk Cache? Not sure I understand why you'd want to write the files
> out to disk with tilecache then copy them to s3 (though maybe the
> tilecache s3 store is 'broken' badly enough that this is significantly
> cheaper, I dunno.)

sorry I confused the issue by mentioning s3. I was implying that you
might also want to save the tile images on s3 uses a TMS compliant
"filestructure". Does the current s3 cache implementation save the files
in the same "filestructure" as the disk cache, and so an openlayers
tilecache layer could refer to it directly?

thanks,
Graham