[Tilecache] google api & tilecache boat race starts tomorrow

Charlton Galvarino charlton at 2creek.com
Fri Jul 18 13:32:15 EDT 2008

Hi, all.  I'm new to tilecache but got it running behind our NOAA charts and weather overlays.  I've been THRILLED w/ the results (particularly the NOAA charts since they are static and preseeded -- the now() wx caches are nuked every 30 mins and are cached as you go).  Everything works great even across the web farm behind a load balancer.

Viewing previous map times hits the wx cache (by timestamp) if they are on disk.

<http://charthorizon.com/races/2008_chicago_mackinac/htdocs/google_view.php>

I found tilecache extremely beneficial and easy to use.  Thanks for such a great product.

MapServer is the wms in the background.

Charlton