[Tilecache] BBOX of WMS requests

Steven M. Ottens steven at minst.net
Tue Mar 4 10:05:00 EST 2008

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 09:39:41AM +0100, Holger Jaekel wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I am currently implementing a WMS-C client for GeoTools and I use your
>> TileCache-installation on http://labs.metacarta.com/wms-c/Basic.py as a
>> test system. I found the following problem:
>>
>> I want to send a request to layer "satellite" in resolution 0.000085831
>> (level 13), column 8535, row 6534.
> <snip>
>
> I've just changed the code in TileCache/WMS.py and TileCache/TMS.py to
> bump the resolution up to 20 in SVN. You can test with this by:

I've been thinking about this problem. The current solution is working,
I ran into it a few weeks ago and I only bumped it to 17 and it already
fixed my problem. However it generates a whole lot of zeros at the end
of all resolutions. An even nicer solution would be to use scientific
notation and than you can stick with the 6 relevant digits. However my
Python skills aren't up to the task to create scientific notation. But
if someone feels the urge to be all scientific, go ahead :)

Steven