[Tilecache] SRS parameter

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Fri Mar 21 13:08:27 EDT 2008

> We are thinking of implementing SRS switching in TileCache (we could
> generate independently, let's say, 3 levels in EPSG4326 and 7 levels in
> EPSG27582, with potentialy level overlaps and requests the same
> TileCache and the same layer in EPSG4326 and EPSG27582)

That seems like the best route, yes. Have X zoomlevels in one
projection, and Y levels at the other projection, use minScale and
maxScale to have your map client (OL?) switch between them. You'd have
to replicate the same layer-zoom-setup in tilecache.cfg as in your map
client, but that doesn't sound too bad.

> I do not know
> much about TileCache code architecture but I imagine we could add a top
> level folder in the tile storage that specifies the SRS

TC creates the directories using the name of the layer (e.g.
nations_projected and nations_latlon) and under that the zoom level (00
through 12 for example) but you probably won't need to concern yourself
with it at this stage. If you have the projection-change working via
plain WMS, just swap in TC's URL and you should be good to go.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth, BS, A+
System Administrator

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA