[Tilecache] WMS vs TileCache problems

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Mar 27 07:43:27 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 02:56:45AM -0700, D_Guidi wrote:

> I'm using TileCache to create a tile cache (yep!!!) for my WMS server.
> My data is for an Italy region (Sardinia) in SRS 32632 (WGS 84 32N) so I've
> configured tilecache with this parameters:
>
> this page (built with openlayers) works well, but if i change the layer
> definition to use a TileCache layer like below:

"You know what the doctor says: If it hurts when you do that, don't do
it!"

TileCache layers don't work with differently projected layers. It makes
assumptions that it is in EPSG:4326. I believe thsi *may* be fixed in
trunk: No guarantees. I'd suggest simply not using a TileCache layer,
but I expect you'll claim that's impossible: if so, you should try using
http://dev.openlayers.org/nightly/OpenLayers.js in your page instead,
and if that doesn't fix it, you should open a ticket and fix OpenLayers.
:)