[Tilecache] Caching a raster saved on the local disk

Simone Gadenz simone.gadenz at jrc.it
Mon May 5 09:21:12 EDT 2008

Ok, I tested the ImageLayer handler but I am receiving an error.

I defined the layer properties like this into the configuration file:

[simone]
type=ImageLayer
filebounds=6.235615,42.528818,8.247136,44.580474
file=c:\\MapData\\TestLargeRaster\\p165r55_5t860201_z38_so_tc.tif

Then I tried to precache using this command line:

tilecache_seed.py "http://139.191.1.147/ts/tilecache/tilecache.cgi?" simone
0 6

but I had back this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ts\TileCache\tilecache_seed.py", line 9, in
<module>
    TileCache.Client.main()
  File "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ts\TileCache\TileCache\Client.py", line 96, in
main
    layer = svc.layers[sys.argv[2]]
KeyError: 'simone'

I think the error is into the definition of the layer, I tried to use also
the / o \ instead of \\ but I had the same result. Apparently ther is no
"file" parameter specified into the readme file.

Thanks

Simone