[Tilecache] Pre-packaged examples fail

Ian iansgis at gmail.com
Mon May 12 18:59:23 EDT 2008

Hello and thank you for the help. I've confirmed that SELinux is not
running, and that the apache user can open a remote connection to your
website in python. I still get the 500 Internal Server Error. I've installed
Tile Cache on two hosts here, both above and below the cgi-bin directory,
and with various owner, group, and permission combinations. Still no luck.

I did find one post with the exact same problem at:
http://www.nabble.com/Help-with-tilecache.cgi-unusual-error-to17066959.html#a17069463

but his solution was to lock down permissions to 711. I've tried this as
well and still receive the 500 error after four minutes of waiting for a
response from the server. My own test CGI scripts in the tilecache-2.01
directory run fine. Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

   Sounds like you're getting an Apache timeout (probably 300s, the