[Tilecache] Convert Spherical Mercator coordinates to Lat/Lng?

chris marx chrismarx at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 17:13:57 EST 2008

Hi,
 I've got the TileCache TSM service working (thanks to the list for tips!),
but unfortunately, my WMS does not support the "Spherical Mercator"
projection. For the moment, i rewrote the wms service to switch up the espg
and coordinates from tilecaches's tsm request and converting them to
lat/lng, so that at least the WMS request will go through, but I assume a
standard mercator projection to do the conversion (which is obviously
wrong). Since my GIS/WMS doesn't support this projection, does anyone have
the necessary code to convert coordinates from the spherical mercator to
lat/lng?
Thanks!

--

Chris Marx