[Tilecache] Re solutions issues

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Thu Nov 20 20:01:50 EST 2008

On Friday 21 November 2008 01:33:57 Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> > As for apache, I worked on different python projects and for small
> > quick requests (not unlike tilecache) we got the best results with
> > mod_wsgi (it has it's own set of problems, but there wasn't much
> > question speedwise).
>
> mod_wsgi is not something I've ever tested. I have no idea if it works
> with TileCache.

It should, it's WSGI and tilecache already does that IIRC, so if you don't
have the time I'll make a quick test/comparison of the two. I don't expect
more change than a couple of lines. With serving cached/pregenerated content
it should be a fair bit quicker than mod_python and lightyears from CGI. It
requires more fiddling with regard to apache configs and system settings,
though, compared to mod_python which has a fairly fire-and-forget install
under apache. You can't have it all, I guess :)