[Tilecache] Re solutions issues

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Fri Nov 21 14:19:18 EST 2008

Salut Éric,

Thanx for the pointer.  Googling around, I found this : "Note that these
directives shouldn't be required on the Windows platform as it
uses the Windows registry to find where the Python library files are
located".  The "directives" in question are all the variety of
PythonPath, pythonhome and what not one can stick in a .conf file.  In
fact, that sentence should read "whatever you do in your conf files,
Apache will only listen to your system registry".

Sure enough, when I pointed my REGISTRY PythonPath variable
to ...\Python24;...\Python24\Lib;...\Python24\DLLs where ... is my local
Python path everything worked.

Oh and back on the Tilecache.cgi comment I made in an earlier post.  I
want to underscore a couple of findings of mine that might be useful to
others.  I mentioned earlier that we have 2 map implementations : one OL
and another called pmapper (a PHPMapscript) that we want to replace with
OL.  Pmapper is faster than OL to render a non-tiled GeoTiff image.  It
is *also* faster than OL with TC/cgi!  But now I know it is much slower
than OL with TC/mod_python. All TC implementations are really not
alike.

Yves