[Tilecache] Quick panning with overlays

Josh Livni josh at umbrellaconsulting.com
Wed Nov 26 11:16:14 EST 2008

Yves,
I think 20 overlays is .. a lot.  especially from a dynamic WMS - must take
a while to render, forget panning!  Instead of grouping them in OpenLayers
(which would still mean 20 OL layers), can you group them in the WMS -- that
helps with things like labeling as well..

As for caching, I assume something like TileCache was meant.  I think I
actually saw a patch to tilecache recently that lets you do a form of
'cascaded wms' (eg merging of wms layers) in tilecache itself for that
matter...

  -Josh