[Tilecache] MetaTile issue

Mark Deneen mdeneen+tiles at saucontech.com
Fri Feb 20 09:50:25 EST 2009

Yves Moisan wrote:
>> Thank you very much Yves.
>>
>> I hadn't realised the magnitude of differences in performance (at least from
>> looking at that chart). I have promptly requested that mod_python be
>> configured on our Apache server.
>>
>> This, combined with the suggestions on
>> http://geoserver.org/display/GEOSDOC/TileCache+Tutorial (mod_expires and
>> cheating the browser connection limit) should improve my performance
>> ten-fold.
>>

> Please report on performance tricks and results.  I found setting up
> mod_python to be somewhat tricky (beware of mod_python versions as a
> function of Apache version) so if others have performance results for
> mod_wsgi vs mod_python, please report too.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Yves

Has anybody run TileCache under mod_wsgi?  Any pointers on how to set it
up?  I'm doing something wrong, and the documentation on this is pretty
sparse.  Here's the error I get in my apache logs:

mod_wsgi (pid=21465): Target WSGI script
'/usr/local/apache2.2/htdocs/tcwsgi/tilecache.wsgi' cannot be loaded as
Python module.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/apache2.2/htdocs/tcwsgi/tilecache.wsgi", line 2, in
<module>
from TileCache.Service import wsgiApp
ImportError: No module named TileCache.Service

Do I have to move TileCache into "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/"  (my python
library directory) ?

tilecache.wsgi is merely a copy of tilecache.fcgi.

Mark