[Tilecache] Missing Tiles

Ivan Grcic igrcic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 13:22:29 EST 2009

using 2.04, same things happens here, but i think only on my windows
box, on linuxes i worked before didnt notice that...

i think it has to do something with time need to cut original image
(depending on metTile WxH attribute)
maybe this error has to do something with it:

unlock d:/tmp/tilecache\........\01\000\000\139\000\000\145.jpeg.lck
failed: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified:
'd:/tmp/tilecache\\......\\01\\000\\000\\139\\000\\000\\145.jpeg.lck'

but what heppens is that image actually gets created, but doesnt show
up. if u zoom out and in again image is there!

hope it helps fixing it! cheers

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Alexandre Dube <adube at mapgears.com> wrote:
> For the record,
>
>  I also had this kind of error happening using tilecache 2.04 on a
> linux platform with CGI mode and using metaTile=true and didn't find why
> yet.  Like you, I switched to metaTile=false to resolve this.
>
> http://openlayers.org/pipermail/tilecache/2008-December/001551.html
>
> Alexandre
>
> Terry Austin wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> On a Windows Vista / Apache 2.2 / mod_python / TileCache 2.10 ->
>> MapServer WMS / OpenLayers setup with no pre-seeding, I'm seeing
>> missing tiles on virtually every significant load of tiles in a given
>> view like when changing resolutions or when the view requires loading
>> a lot of tiles because of a pan.  This only occurs when the metaTile
>> option is on.  Turning off metaTiling makes all tiles appear (but has
>> the visual limitations of not using metatiles).  I'm seeing this in my
>> Apache logs with about the same frequency as the missing tiles:
>>
>> unlock
>> D:\Data\Gis\TN\tilecache\tn\version00001\all\07\000\000\060\000\000\013.png.lck
>> failed: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified:
>> 'D:\\Data\\Gis\\TN\\tilecache\\tn\\version00001\\all\\07\\000\\000\\060\\000\\000\\013.png.lck'
>>
>> Not sure if that has anything to do with it.  Does this seem like a
>> locking issue (only metatiles use locks?), or is it some wacky Vista
>> TCP limitation thing?  I think that the tile is actually generated
>> because reloading the page makes everything appear correctly.  Also,
>> just using the URL of the missing tile in another browser tab works
>> correctly, so I know the tile can be generated.
>>
>> Not sure if it's related, but when I try to pre-seed it fails with a
>> "Zero length data returned from layer." error pretty early in the
>> process (after generating only a few tiles).
>>
>> I'm pretty new to both Python and TileCache, so I may be missing
>> something simple.  Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
>>
>> Terry Austin
>> Progressive Partnering

> Alexandre Dubé
> Mapgears