[Tilecache] Tilecache Seeding Issue

Varun saraf vsaraf.gmu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:59:23 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am new to using tilecache and am using it with mapserver as a wms
server. I am having trouble with providing the bbox for the seeding.
No matter what boundary I specify, the tilecache seeding program
generates tiles for the entire world (as it takes an awful lot amount
of time and I can see it processing every single value of x,y for a
given z). Here is my tilecache cfg file.

[tract-layer]
type=WMS
url=http://127.0.0.1:8123/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=../drawMap.map&transparent=true
layers=USA
spherical_mercator=true
srs=EPSG:4326
extension=png

I am using tilecache 2.10 with ms4w (mapserver 5.0). Can someone
please tell me what is it that I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Varun