[Tilecache] WMS-T support

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Jun 1 17:20:43 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 03:38:48PM -0500, Brian Walawender wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can I make WMS-T requests to tilecache?   My WMS requests look like:
>
> radar =  new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "TWX",
>         "http://
> 216.38.80.111/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/usr/local/mapserver_config/TWX_time.map",
>         {
>                layers: 'TWX_N0R',
>                transparent: true,
>                time: '2009-06-01T15:55',
>                format: 'image/png'
>         }, {
>                singleTile: true,
>                isBaseLayer: false,
>                opacity: 0.9
>         }
> );
>
> My tilecache requests would look like:
>
> tc_url = ['http://radarcache.srh.noaa.gov/tilecache/tilecache.py'];
>
> radar = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "State Borders", tc_url,
>         {
>                layers: 'TWX_N0R',
>                transparent: true,
>                format: 'image/png'
>        }, {
>                singleTile: false,
>                isBaseLayer: false,
>                opacity: 1.0
>        }
> );
>
> Is time a recognized param for tilecache?

No.

I feel like fredj wrote a patch that would allow you to create different
cache directories based on a specific parameter in the URL. However, I
don't remember ever integrating it, so there's a good chance that it got
lost in mailing list traffic. I would say that this would be the place
to look -- either in the code or in the mailing list for such a thing.
(Perhaps fredj can find it more easily, if he's listening.)