[Tilecache] More CustomService Questions

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Mar 4 11:57:59 EST 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:24:39AM -0600, Brian Walawender wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have another question about creating a custom service.   When I am
> defining a layer (such as)
>

> "OSM"       : WMS.WMS( "roads",
>
> "http://aesis.metacarta.com/cgi-bin/mapserv?FORMAT=png8&" +

 (Holy crap, that's an old name. I hadn't realized I'd left around
 references to that...)

>                     "map=/home/crschmidt/osm.map&TRANSPARENT=TRUE&",
>                     extension = "png"
>
> I see that my cache is getting named roads instead of OSM.  Isn't roads the
> layer that is sent to the WMS  and OSM is the tilecache name?

Nope.

> Would the request above be the same as:

Nope. There is nothing that would match this in the config land. In the
config land, the key in the dictionary and the first arg are *always*
the same. Then, each key/value pair maps into the dictionary keys.

'OSM': WMS("OSM", layers='roads', url='blah'), etc.