[Tilecache] throwing out bad tiles

Michael Anderson m_anderson14 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:51:41 EDT 2009

Thanks for the response Matt. Building the entire cache would take > 1 TB with a reasonable number of levels, and that's not possible at the moment. If I could do that, I could have a script remove the bad ones and rerun without -f and eventually have all good tiles.

In playing with it more I am getting empty tiles fairly regularly. The remote server is ArcIMS and it is either occasionally returning the white tiles, or it is returning no tile and TileCache is creating them. Still not sure which it is. As I said in the original post, I've see it randomly not return an image before, but never a white one that I can remember.

So what I need is to automatically delete the bad ones as they are generated so the user won't keep getting the cached white ones. I'm thinking I can use .Net's FileWatcher to detect when an image is added, see if it's too small to contain an image, and delete it. If I can't think of anything better by Monday I'll give it a shot.

Mike