[Tilecache] Error during tilecache_seed

Steven M. Ottens steven at minst.net
Wed May 6 09:55:40 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm having problem seeding my tilecache. The tilecache itself is
working, when I access it through OpenLayers tiles are shown and
missing tiles are being generated. However when I try to run
tilecache_seed.py on the server it fails with:

C:\Program Files\Python25>python.exe d:\progs\TileCache-2.01
\tilecache_seed.py '
http://localhost:8080/tilecache.py? kinderen
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "d:\progs\TileCache-2.01\tilecache_seed.py", line 9, in <module>
     TileCache.Client.main()
   File "D:\progs\TileCache-2.01\TileCache\Client.py", line 96, in main
     layer = svc.layers[sys.argv[2]]
KeyError: 'kinderen'

'kinderen' is a valid and working layer in tilecache

I've copied tilecache.py to D:\progs\TileCache-2.01\TileCache and
there is only one instance of TileCache on the machine. I've tried to
with a bbox and without bbox in the parameters, with zoomlevels and
without zoomlevels, all trials gave the same error.

TileCache is running on port 8080 in Apache and python 2.5

Any suggestions what the problem might be?

Regards,
Steven