[Tilecache] TileCache problems with mod_python

Jim Groffen jim.groffen at lisasoft.com
Tue May 12 01:40:52 EDT 2009

I can vouch that the following works for me using
apache/mod_python on Windows without modifying
registry settings:

*----------------------------------

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory "C:/Sandbox/tilecache">
    AddHandler python-program .py
    PythonHandler TileCache.Service
    PythonOption TileCacheConfig C:/Sandbox/tilecache/tilecache.cfg
    PythonPath "['C:/Sandbox/tilecache'] + sys.path"
</Directory>

*---------------------------------

Forward slashes are fine - I think backslashes
would need to be escaped to double backslashes,
but you can avoid any confusion by using forward
slashes, Apache and Python won't mind.

I've been able to configure more complicated
scenarios after hitting similar issues
when playing with Django, which has a useful
guide to mod_python and the common problems
people hit. This might be overly technical
but good if you want to know how to use
mod_python without learning all about Apache
configuration.

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/deployment/modpython/

Regards,

Jim Groffen.