[Tilecache] mapnik+tilecache caching problem

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Tue Oct 6 12:24:15 EDT 2009

Freeman,

My hunch would be a threading problem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_condition
).

I see that your are trying to deploy TileCache within MS4W on windows
and I read here:

http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ProcessesAndThreading

That the 'The Windows 'winnt' MPM' is multi-threaded by default, which
may be what is causing the problem.

Normally, on linux you would address this by using apache 'pre-fork'
or deploying TileCache using mod_wsgi, daemon mode, and using
thread=1. One windows I'm not sure about the best route.

Have you tried simply pre-generating a whole cache using (the single-
threaded) 'tilecache_seed.py' script?

Dane