[Tilecache] TC called if OL maxextent bigger than a particular layer's ?

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Tue Jun 22 16:24:09 EDT 2010

On Tuesday, June 22, 2010,  <christopher.schmidt at nokia.com> wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2010, at 3:42 PM, ext Marco Nijdam wrote:
>
>> Hi Yves,
>>
>> Not too sure about the OpenLayers implementation, but I would expect
>> that the Layer's maxExtent could be different from the Map's maxExtent.
>> I see the there is even a property in Layer whether to request tiles
>> outside the Layer's maxExtent.
>>
>> So why not set the Map's maxExtent to whatever you need, and keep the
>> Layer.TileCache maxExtent to what you already have?
>
> Only works if your layer is not a baselayer; otherwise, you're out of
> luck.

Right.

Using a fake baselayer might be a workaround.

Another way might be to override map.isValidLonLat and use
this.maxExtent instead of this.getMaxExtent() for the validation of
the lonlat.

And this makes me wonder if it would make sense to have isValidLonLat
use this.options.maxExtent if it's defined (and
this.baselayer.maxExtent if it's not).

Another area of interest for OL 3 I guess :-)

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS
Savoie Technolac, BP 352