[Tilecache] error cached?

andy at centremaps.co.uk andy at centremaps.com
Tue Mar 30 07:53:44 EDT 2010

Hi,

I had tilecache working fine and then i accidentally added a layer without
the line "type=wms".

I have since fixed this but am finding that i occassionally get the
following message even when running calls to another layer:

An error occurred: No option 'type' in section: 'mappinglayer'
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/TileCache-2.10-py2.5.egg/TileCache/Service
.py", line 103, in _load
    cache = cache)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/TileCache-2.10-py2.5.egg/TileCache/Service
.py", line 51, in _loadFromSection
    type  = config.get(section, "type")
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/ConfigParser.py", line 520, in get
    raise NoOptionError(option, section)

The error appears even if i delete "mappinglayer" from the config file.

I have managed to look for this by repeatedly calling one tile but i think
it is also visible in openlayers where it is seen as occassional tiles
failing to load.

Is it possible this has got cached as an error somewhere?

Also, is there any built in functionality for error logging in tilecache?

Thanks in advance

Andy