[Tilecache] TileCache and WMS Caching (ows_http_max_age parameter)

Bill Teluk Bill.Teluk at team.telstra.com
Tue May 18 01:37:32 EDT 2010

Hi,
I have an FGS 9.5 installation for MapServer(5.6.1), TileCache(2.10),
OpenLayers (2.7), and Apache (2.2.11)

I'd like to use the MapServer WEB/METADATA parameter "ows_http_max_age" for
cache control - specifically to force user browsers to cache the TileCache'd
content for say a week.  However, I notice that for non-TileCache'd content,
the parameter seems to be effective - I get a "Cache-Control	max-age=0"
response header, but TileCache content doesn't have the same header?

Is there any setting I can put in place that will allow cache control on
TileCache?  (I can't easily use mod_expires in this circumstance because
it's not provided in my FGS 9.5 install - nor is mod_headers.)
Regards, Bill Teluk.