[Tilecache] TileCache 2.11 Release

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Sat Oct 16 05:04:16 EDT 2010

Also known as the "Rumors of my Demise have been greatly exaggerated" release.

TileCache 2.11 has been released. This release includes a number of important
bug fixes, including a fix for an important disk cache locking issue.

If you have not yet applied r391 or the fix described in
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/tilecache/2009-May/001858.html to your cache,
and are using MetaTiling, I recommend that you upgrade to this release.

Other than that, there are a couple other change:

 * Change copyright statements to be more accurate
 * Add minimal (read-only, non-optimized) support for the
   MBTiles sqlite format
 * Add sendfile and Expires support to tilecache.
 * Other minor improvements to documentation and pre-seeding.

But nothing major; just a small number of little patches that have built up
over the last 18 months.

TileCache 2.11 is available as a source package from PyPI, as well as
from http://tilecache.org/ .

Best Regards,
Christopher Schmidt
Nokia