[Tilecache] TileCache and Mapnik - it doesn't work

Steve L. stephan-locklair at onlinehome.de
Thu Sep 2 06:34:07 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have set up Mapnik and TileCache on my Windows XP System and got through
both Tutorials and each ist working fine.
But if I try to use my own data I got only pink tiles in my browser and an
error:

An error occurred: No module named mapnik
  File "C:\tilecache-2.10\TileCache\Service.py", line 323, in cgiHandler
    format, image = service.dispatchRequest( params, path_info, req_method,
host )
  File "C:\tilecache-2.10\TileCache\Service.py", line 208, in
dispatchRequest
    return self.renderTile(tile, params.has_key('FORCE'))
  File "C:\tilecache-2.10\TileCache\Service.py", line 138, in renderTile
    data = layer.render(tile, force=force)
  File "C:\tilecache-2.10\TileCache\Layer.py", line 443, in render
    return self.renderTile(tile)
  File "C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\tilecache-2.10\TileCache\Layers\Mapnik.py",
line 27, in renderTile
    import mapnik

I think it might just be a directory problem but I'm not quite sure.
I also think I set up Mapnik and TileCache correctly because both programs
work.

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help.

kind regards
Steve