[Tilecache] Concurrent Seeding

Bill Teluk Bill.Teluk at team.telstra.com
Mon Jun 6 03:23:16 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a lot of data that I would like to seed the TileCache cache with.
There's so much that it's really slow to just run a cache seeding script eg.
it took 3.5 days to run it the last time, for a total of 4.5Gig of tiles.
This time I'd like to load up a LOT more areas to seed.

I'm doing the seeding on a basis of lots of selected areas - there might be
hundreds of different extents specified in the script file.

Is it possible to divide the script into say 10 different scripts, and
execute them all concurrently?  (eg. background the jobs.)

(We're running this on a very large server - 24 CPU's or something
ridiculous like that, and 48Gig of memory, 900G of disk.)

Regards, Bill Teluk.