[Tilecache] Issue with Nim2Img

Ritesh Ambastha ritesh.linux at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 04:56:16 EST 2011

I guess this will help:

1.

“AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘blah’”

The obvious cause of this is that the settings.py doesn’t have the
directory containing "blah" listed in INSTALLED_APPS.

A less obvious cause: you’ll also get this error if the directory doesn’t
contain a file __init__.py.

2. http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Alireza Kashian
<alireza.kashian at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Ritesh.
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Actually nik2img works fine on command line and all test with its
> installation is fine.
>
> our Xml file is also fine because we tested it on server 1 and then we
> copied to server 2.
>
> Server 2 is new and it is our first try to make maps using nik2img on this
> server.
>
> the last line of error shows that one module is missed..but I don't know
> which module it is...
> I think one of dependencies is not there yet.
>
> thanks
> Alireza
>

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Ritesh Ambastha <ritesh.linux at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Can't tell you more without looking at the xml file. Anyways, I guess
>> there is a problem either with xml or installation part. I have experiences
>> with TileCache and not with nik2img.
>>

>> Have you checked the installation?
>>
>> Test Installation of command-line script:
>>
>> $ nik2img.py # should be able to tab complete...
>>

>> $ which nik2img.py # should show install location
>> $ nik2img.py -h # should display usage
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/mapnik-utils/wiki/Nik2Img
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Alireza Kashian <
>> alireza.kashian at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I have been member of this mailing list for a long time, but I am not
>>> sure if I can ask questions related to nik2img here as well. I couldn't
>>> find its own mailing list.
>>>
>>> I have installed mapnik 0.7.0 on fresh Debian with all other required
>>> packages. including python etc..
>>>
>>> now I try to make a map using my own stylesheet xml file.
>>>
>>> Nik2img throws following errror stops working. Could you please help me
>>> to find where the problem is...  proj package is installed on Debian and is
>>> latest version.

>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File "/usr/bin/nik2img.py", line 5, in <module>
>>> pkg_resources.run_script('nik2img==0.7.0', 'nik2img.py')
>>> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 448, in
>>> run_scr
>>> ipt