[Tilecache] Tilecache and QGIS status bar messagge

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 12:22:30 EST 2012

On Feb 24, 2012, at 11:11 AM, aborruso wrote:

> Dear all,
> I have set a tilecache server and I load layers in QGIS from it via a WMS
> connection.
>
> I have used the seeding utility for a specific layer for all zoom levels.
> When I load this layer in QGIS, it loads it properly and I have in the
> status bar "0 tiles request in background, 0 cache hits, 13 cache misses, 0
> errors".
> What's the meaning of "13 cache misses"? Does QGIS read the cached images or
> it forces the creation of them?

0 tiles request in background: nothing is being requested
0 cache hits: nothing was found in the cache
13 cache misses: 13 tiles were requested but not found in the cache, so they were requested from the server
0 errors: no snafu

Try reloading the exact same view and check the messages again.

--
Puneet Kishor